Saturday, April 30, 2011

iOS 4.2.7 Jailbreak Untether Released For Verizon iPhone




iH8Sn0w and Pushfix have released a Cydia package to untether your currently tethered Verizon 4.2.7 iPhone. This package will work for those who have jailbroken by pointing RedSn0w to the 4.2.6 ipsw.

I originally ordered a Verizon iPhone 4 for my upcoming SHSH blobs dumper. Then I + many others on twitter realized that an untether was not available for 4.2.7. Over the past few weeks, I've been sick and didn't do much, but today I was finally able to get the strength to work on this Verizon untether. Since i0n1c's payload is not easily reversible, I went to previous exploits. After trying, pod2g's + posixninja's kernel exploit for 4.2.x is STILL in 4.2.7! After some more work, I managed to get this thing untethered!

You can install the "Verizon Untether for 4.2.7" by adding the http://cydia.pushfix.info repo to Cydia.

iH8Sn0w has also released Sn0wBreeze 2.6.1 with support for the iOS 4.2.7 untether.



*thanks iclarified*

Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post.. For the latest limera1n, rubyra1n, and all tech stories, follow us on Twitter at @iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com www.iPodSets.com
- Posted using my iPhone 4

No comments:

Post a Comment